Portlock Boot CD 18.104.22.1680 release notes
Version 22.214.171.1240 of the Portlock Boot CD was released August 20, 2009.
Portlock Boot CD key new features
- Built-in web server listening on port 80 providing:
- Remote control via VNC.
- Remote license installation using a web browser.
- Portlock Drive Explorer:
- Remote File Access (RFA) using a web browser - connect on either port 80 (preferred) or directly to port 88.
Remotely control a system that was booted by the Portlock Boot CD
- Boot a system with the Portlock Boot CD
Locate the system's IP address (outlined in red below) by viewing Portlock Gadget's "Network" gadget. The gadgets display in alphabetical order and the number of gadgets might exceed the available screen height. Collapse or close gadgets above the "Network" gadget so that it becomes visible. You can also run Portlock Display Manager to increase the screen resolution from the default of 800x600.
- Type the system's IP address into the 32-bit version of Internet Explorer on a remote system.
- Install the ActiveX control. The Microsoft License Manager DLL manages licenses for third-party ActiveX controls. Portlock now includes a VNC ActiveX control licensed from SmartCode Solutions.
- Select "Run Add-on" from the menu.
- Press the "Run" button. The Microsoft License Manager DLL manages licenses for third-party ActiveX controls. Portlock now includes a VNC ActiveX control licensed from SmartCode Solutions.
- You can now remotely control the target system from Internet Explorer. For a larger view of the remote session, click the "Console" link in the navigation menu at the top.
Install a Portlock Storage Manager license from a remote machine
- Boot a system with the Portlock Boot CD.
Locate the system's IP address (outlined in red below) by viewing Portlock Gadget's "Network" gadget. If you cannot see the "Network" gadget, try collapsing or closing some gadgets.
- Type the address listed above into a web browser on a remote machine connected to the same network as the system that is booted with the Portlock Boot CD.
- Under "Install Portlock Storage Manager License," press the "Browse" button.
- Locate your stormgr.lic file.
- Press the "Install License" button.
Portlock Drive Explorer's new Remote File Access feature
After starting Portlock Drive Explorer, the message to the right appears. If "OK" is selected, Remote File Access is enabled and all files/directories can be accessed by typing the system’s IP address followed by a colon and the number “88” – the port number used by Portlock Drive Explorer – into any Web browser.
The Remote File Access feature is also integrated into the Portlock Boot CD's main web page, which is highlighted in the screenshot below. Boot a system with the Portlock Boot CD, type the system's IP address in the address field of a web browser and click on the "Files" tab.
Portlock Storage Manager updated to version 5.02
Version 126.96.36.1990 of the Portlock Boot CD includes the latest release – version 5.02 – of Portlock Storage Manager. Numerous bugs were fixed in this release.
« Portlock Boot CD release history